McCool Travel is excited to present tips from travel experts in our 5 Minutes interview series featuring travel industry giants, super frequent travelers, and adventurous persons.
For the ninth profile, I am thrilled to present Karen Bryan–founding editor of the Europe a la Carte Travel Blog, a UK based, multi author travel magazine. Karen is originally from Dundee, Scotland and now lives in Berwick-Upon-Tweed, the northernmost town in England. I caught her as she returned from a trip to Gran Canaria. Europe a la Carte was created in 2002 and its aim is to “inspire and entertain readers with features on the best places to visit in Europe.”
Always in my luggage…
My netbook, mobile phone and comfy shoes.
3 favorite home-away-from-home places…
A favorite travel memory is…
Visiting the Scottish Shetland islands for their natural beauty.
3 favorite travel brands…
- Ryanair as I’ve found flights for as little as £1.
- Travelodge UK as I’ve bagged many £9 rooms in their sales.
- HotelsCombined as I’ve found some fantastic deals on this price comparison site.
3 money-saving travel tactics I use are…
- Constantly scanning budget airlines promotions for the cheapest off peak, mid week flights
- Use price comparison sites to quickly find the best deals.
- Fly with only hand luggage, saves money and hassle.
3 ways that I have fun while traveling are…
- Meeting people I know virtually on social media in person.
- Sampling local food.
- Wandering around to soak up atmosphere versus a rushed itinerary.
8 word (or less) travel mantra…
Don’t try to do/see too much.
My favorite non-travel website…
I am fortunate to have met…
my husband when I was on holiday in Greece aged 19
Thank you, Karen, for sharing your thoughts with McCool Travel and may you have countless more memorable travel adventures!
Karen is very active on Twitter (@KarenBryan) and Facebook.
Follow McCool Travel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Flipboard, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, and Bloglovin.
3 thoughts on “McCool Travel Tips: 5 Minutes With Karen Bryan, Europe a la Carte”
Great interview. I love that Karen met her husband at the age of 19. I met Dave when I was 20 and I too am fortunate to have met him. Sadly, I haven’t been to any of her 3 home away from home destinations. I have to get myself to them soon!
Thank you, Deb. Glad you liked the interview.
Comments are closed.