For McCool Travel’s 136th travel profile, I am pleased to present Cacinda Maloney. Dr. Maloney—she is a licensed chiropractor in Arizona—made a decision long ago to travel 6 weeks every year and now travels full time. I met her briefly last year but then spent more time with her on a magnificent trip to Lake Charles, Louisiana, where we both received very memorable souvenirs. Read on!
Cacinda Maloney‘s bio: “Dr. Cacinda Maloney has traveled every six weeks of her life for over 20 years, 47 countries in 2016. She has hiked to Machu Picchu, galloped on camels at sunrise in Jordan, zip-lined through a rainforest in Mexico, rappelled a 100-foot waterfall in Costa Rica, kayaked in the Galapagos, sailed through Greece, floated in the Dead Sea, marveled at the markets of Guatemala, danced with natives in Fiji, swam with stingrays in the Cayman Islands, dived with sharks in Roatan, admired the Old City in Israel, — just to name a few.”
Dr. Cacinda Maloney of Points and Travel
Small town outside of Amarillo, Texas called Pampa.
Always in my luggage …
iPhone, DSLR, spare batteries/cords
3 4 favorite home-away-from-home places …
- Mexico (from San Miguel de Allende, to the beaches along the coasts, to Oaxaca, I love it all)
- Santorini, Greece
- Santiago, Chile
- Italy – all of it!
A favorite travel memory is …
- Having hot tea and homemade bread in a Bedouin camp in the middle of a nowhere desert in Jordon.
- A hot air balloon ride over the castles in Lithuania
- Meeting my travel partner in crime … Annette Slowik-White of BucketListJourney.net in Tuscany, Italy at Montestigliano
- Galapagos twice!
3 4 favorite travel brands …
- Travelocity, as I am a Travel Ambassador for them and I love the gnome!
- Rocky Mountaineer – Also a Travel Ambassador, how can anyone not love the Rockies?
- Viking River Cruises – I’ve done 7 cruises with them and love it!
- Trafalgar Tours – a recent convert of this amazing company
3 money-saving travel tactics I use (before trips) are …
- Clear my cookies or open up a new browser when looking for a flight.
- Use miles and points to help pay for flights and hotels
- Eat two meals a day and bring protein bars/snacks to eat throughout the day
3 ways that I have fun while traveling are …
- Photography is the main way I have fun, I love it!
- Scuba diving if I get a chance.
- Hanging out by the pool, spa, or the beach is my fun!
8 word (or less) travel mantra …
My tag line: “Adventure & Culture by day, Smart luxury by night!”
favorite non-travel website …
I don’t have any, only TRAVEL!
most memorable souvenir …
Currently it is those alligator slippers I got from #LakeCharles, Louisiana!
favorite cheap eat …
street tacos (preferably in Mexico)
I am fortunate to have met …
… Eduardo Garcia, of Bozeman, Montana, whose life was made into a documentary called CHARGED … life changing.
… Luigi Lombardi, the violin maker in Emilia Romagna
… the young man behind the lost art of print blocking from Carpegna, Italy
… the group of men that make up the Accademia Del Padlot, in Mercatello sul Metauro, Italy
… my guide Dario Castagno who helped me explore the secret lair of Siena’s Contrade System
Dr. Mark Radermacher, who introduced me to the concept of traveling every 6 weeks of your life!
I would like to meet …
Mr. Geoffrey Kent of Abercrombie & Kent, the international luxury travel company’s CEO.
Thank you so much, Cacinda, for taking a few minutes to share travel inspiration and tips.
Follow Dr. Cacinda Maloney on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and PointsandTravel.com.
Check out McCool Travel’s previous profiles. McCool Travel presents tips from travel experts in our 5 Minutes interview series—featuring travel industry giants, super frequent travelers, and adventurous persons. Previous 5 Minutes post: Sandy and Vyjay of Voyager
Follow McCool Travel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Bloglovin.
8 thoughts on “5 Minutes With Cacinda Maloney of Points and Travel”
I’d like to see Cacinda wearing those alligator slippers! Fun post.
Thank you, Carol.
This is a great interview, Charles! So motivational and informative!
Thank you, Agnes.
Thanks for the interview Charles! So great to finally be on a trip with you and your lovely wife!
Thank you, Cacinda. See you again soon, I hope.
It shows how much fun you have taking pictures with all the beautiful photographs you have taken!
Cacinda does take gorgeous photos.
Comments are closed.